Friday, August 19, 2005

My crafty side

I used to be quite a crafty girl. Quilting, crocheting, sewing, making curtains, making gifts and wrapping paper, etc., etc., etc., but for the last few years-nothing! I even threw away all of my old fabric (GASP!) because I never planned on starting up again. Well, for some reason the crafting bug has bit me again. My daughter and I recently visited the fabric store and I loaded up on some beautiful fabrics and a quilting book. Here are pictures of the fabrics that I purchased and the quilt that I am working on right now:

My new fabric pile-small but pretty! In the past I used a lot of blues and pinks but I wanted to start using some new colors; my daughter, Emily, helped me pick these out.

This is a wallhanging that I am in the middle of making. I am going to add some handquilting on the beige background and the colored edges.

It feels good to be creative again. And to be honest, it is a wonderful feeling to leave a store with an armload of beautiful fabrics, it can be addictive!

Here are some craft blogs that have inspired me:
Wee Wonderfuls
Red Current
Tie One On
These creative ladies inspire me with their beautiful fabrics and projects!

Do you like to craft? How do you find the time? Is there a particular project you are working on or thinking of starting? I would love to know!

Have a wonderful Friday, ladies!