Friday, September 09, 2005

A thank you and a blast from the past

Wait! Don't go! You are in the right spot! I changed my look again, it must be the changing seasons that spur me on to do this! My daughter, Emily, created this new look for me and I think she did a great job! Thank you, Sweetie!!!
_______________________________________________
The 80's are back! Bermuda shorts, Weird Al and Care Bears are all the rage these days. I think that some teenagers think all this stuff is new. Little do they know!

Some things, however, have gone the way of the dinosaur, never to be seen or heard from again. Here are some things, so familiar to me, but completely foreign to my kids:

TV sets with dials for changing channels. CLICK, CLICK, CLICK. Where's the remote? It is attached to the TV set, of course! And whatever happened to the fading screen that ended with a white dot and a "psst" sound?

Wearing thongs-on my feet, of course! It is only recently that I have felt comfortable calling my shoes "flip-flops" but the change was necessary after many embarrassed gasps from my teenage daughters!

Bill Murray-the comedian. But now he is a "serious actor". I loved him in "What About Bob?" and "Groundhog Day" but I just couldn't make it through "Lost in Translation". Bill, I want you to make me laugh again!

Wacky Wafers. What happened to these cool, yummy candies? They came in packages of 12 quarter-sized candies with faces on them, I remember the lady had curlers in her hair! I always saved green-apple and banana for last because they were by far the best!

Thrifty's ice cream. Do you remember those cylindrical scoops of Double Chocolate Malted Crunch? A triple-scoop only put you out fifty-five cents! I know that I am dating myself but THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!

Cordless phones the size of bricks. I remember having a phone so big that when the antennae was extended it measured almost 18 inches long! Yikes! They were much easier to find in the couch cushions than today's matchbox-sized phones!

8-tracks, Aspen soda, Atari.....

What about you?

Have a great weekend!