Monday, October 24, 2005

Knitting is great exercise!


Leaving behind my entry-level scarf-knitting, I have landed firmly (?) in the world of sock-knitting, which, much to my surprise, requires the use of four needles! And because of this discovery, I have learned that knitting is a great fat-burning workout!

The use of multiple needles presents some immediate problems for the novice knitter. The first being how to keep the stitches on the needles; mine seemed to be looking for an easy escape. Combine this with fingers completely unable to accept the dynamics of all those needles and you get exercise! Heart-pounding, muscle-clenching exercise that certainly produced a fat-burning heart-rate! So far I am only 10 rows into my socks and I think my pants are fitting a little more loosely. Who knows, if I keep this up I may regain my pre-baby body!

What are you doing to keep yourself busy and/or get in shape???