Thursday, October 20, 2005

Senior pictures

Tomorrow I will take my daughter to have her senior pictures taken. Our appointment is for 10:00 AM and I was told to expect to spend at least two hours with the photographer. We will be taking several outfits, props and hair accessories and we will take studio pictures as well as taking some outdoor shots by the riverwalk. Of course, this will cost more that a wee bit of money, all in the name of preserving my daughter's twelfth grade look.

What I want to know is this: Whatever happened to brushing your hair nice, wearing your best shirt and standing in line in the cafeteria waiting with friends to get your picture taken, all the while hoping that you get at least one good shot out of the three the photographer takes. That was my high school experience and it worked just fine. If I remember right, it was cheap too!

Please don't misunderstand me, I am looking forward to seeing the photographs of my daughter and I don't even mind spending the money. But I am wondering this: When did everything get so complicated?