Friday, November 04, 2005

A couple of things...


Charles Wysocki

We had a light school day yesterday so we could do some needed organizing. The boys room was a disaster. Legos, GI Joes, books and K-Nex everywhere, mixed-up and scattered. The nice thing is that the boys cleaned mostly by them selves! That left me free to clean Aubry's room. I feel so settled when everything is organized!

I can tell that Christmas is just around the corner, only 49 shopping days away to be exact, because Walmart has filled their aisles with all the supposed Christmas necessities. While Christmas is my favorite holiday, the commercial part of it depresses me. There is no need for the stress, debt or extreme busyness to make Christmas wonderful. The beauty of the holiday comes from celebrating Christ with the people you love.

My girls and I watched the Little House on the Prairie Christmas episode last night, the one where Pa makes a saddle for Laura's beloved pony unaware that she has sold the pony to buy Ma a new wood-stove. Of course, I shed a few tears over the sweet story and I was reminded of how special it can be to give the gift of yourself and of your time. No amount of money can buy that kind of happiness!

My hope is that your weekend is wonderful, whether it is filled with work or play!

Enjoy!