Thursday, November 10, 2005

A new pile of books

A new pile of books graces my nightstand. It seems as if once a month I start several books all at the same time and I usually finish them at the same time too. I never realized that I had this habit until I started blogging and I was able to see the pattern. Well, I guess it works for me so, why not?

The first book in my pile is Thank, You Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse! The is my first taste of Wodehouse and, so far, it has been enjoyable. (Thanks to Diane for the recommend!)

I am reading Miracles by C.S. Lewis with my daughter, sort of an in-house book discussion group. After reading Mere Christianity I wanted to continue in some of Mr. Lewis' writings because he makes me think about my walk with God-always a good thing!

The New Crewel by Kathering Shaughnessy is a craft book filled with beautiful embroidery ideas. At this point I am in the admiration stage, rather them the crafting stage, but I am looking forward to making one or more of the projects in this book!

Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick is filled with semi-quick and semi-easy knitting projects. For me, this book should be called Month-Long Knitting but that doesn't mean I can't try, right? The book contains a pattern for a baby sweater knitted on circular needles that I am all set to start on. Lucky for me, I know three people who are pregnant and will be needing teeny-tiny sweaters soon!

(I have posted some pics from the craft books below).

What are you reading?