Monday, December 12, 2005


The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was a wonderful movie, definitely a new family favorite for us. The characters were perfectly cast for their roles, especially the White Witch, and the movie was visually beautiful and the special effects were great. Of course, some things from the books were lost in the movie, but all in all, I highly recommend it!

We finally got around to having our Jones Soda Holiday Pack taste test. My one rule was that if you wanted to participate, you had to try ALL of the sodas. What I failed to mention was that you only had to taste each one, but you didn't have to drink the whole cup. This last part was unfortunately lost on my husband.

Here is how it turned out:

Turkey and Gravy Soda: Tasted like carbonated wax.

Wild Herb Stuffing Soda: Tasted like carbonated wax laced with sage and thyme.

Brussel Sprout Soda:Let me start by saying that my hubby has a stomach of steel. He has been known to eat an entire sandwich and afterward say, "I think that lunchmeat was bad." So when he guzzled his soda and ran out the back door to dry heave, I knew that this soda was a big loser! To begin with, the gray-green, foggy color of the soda is a big deterrent, but when you add the smell, which is reminiscent of the bodily after effects of Vegas like broccoli and brussel sprouts, this soda is just downright disgusting! We found ourselves wishing for a waxy taste!

Pumpkin Pie Soda: Tastes like an overly scented candle with a dollop of whipped cream on the top.

Cranberry Sauce with Orange Zest Soda: By the time we got to the Cranberry Soda, which should be the "good"one, our stomachs were begging for mercy. In fact, they were screaming, "No more carbonation!" So in spite of the fact that this was a truly drinkable flavor, I still have 1/2 of a bottle left in the refrigerator.

The next time I am jones-ing for a soda, I am going to try a Strawberry-Lime or Bubble-Gum flavor!

Just in case you have ever wondered what sort of thrilling things we do when we have company over (besides taste-testing dinner-flavored sodas), I have included this picture of us gathered around the hearth, umm...computer, watching the Asian Backstreet Boys video:

You can't say that we don't know how to entertain people!!!