Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy, happy birthday, baby!!!


Wasn't it just yesterday...


...that I was as big as a house, waiting for you to make an appearance, unable to believe that I was on the verge of being a mommy?

...that I called my mom at work, you were tiny and crying, I was crying, afraid you didn't like me? Afraid I would never figure this mommy-thing out.

...that I taught you to read? I had to cover up all the pictures in the books because you would guess the words based on the illustrations.

...that your Pound Puppy collection was in it's infancy?

..that we had a new foal in the barn and you had daydreams of becoming a champion barrel-racer?

...that you turned 16 and we handed you a set of keys for the first time? Drive slow. Be careful. Call us when you get there.

...that I realized that 18 years is just a whisper of time and that I wish we could do it all over again? Every single day of it!

Happy birthday, Sweetie! I am so proud of you!