For some reason, the approach of summer seems a bit scary to me this year. I think it is the idea of a string of days with lots of hours to fill for my kids. When my boys get bored, they tend to do one of two things:
1. Engage in some sort of yahoolaganism
2. Follow me around and ask me lots of questions
Neither one of these sound like good alternatives for the upcoming 3 months! I stumbled upon this wonderful list by Semicolon and I have copied it out and I intend to keep it nearby.
Here are a couple more things we intend to do this summer:
1. Make a bug collectionAny great ideas to share?
2. Visit the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to see the Body Worlds 2 exhibit
3. Continue reading our history books (Cheaper by the Dozen is next!)
4. Spruce up the boys fort (Daddy's job!)
5. Topic Day--each week let the boys pick a topic and do some research on the internet (supervised, of course). They love using the computer!
6. Model cars for Micah
7. At least one day a week invite friends for a pool day