Monday, May 15, 2006


My graduate and me!

This past week has been a whirlwind of activity: a birthday party, a fishing trip, a graduation party, a graduation ceremony, visiting relatives--all of it wonderful! I cannot begin to express how proud I am of my daughter, she is truly an awesome girl and I know that she is ready to begin her new life.

I, however, am not quite as ready as she is. I have been on an emotional roller-coaster for a couple of weeks now and I am hoping that the ride stops soon! I have always felt that the job of wife and mother is the most important thing a woman can spend her life doing, but I can't help but feel at a loss at this point. I guess I am struggling with the idea that my job is complete with her, at least in the technical sense. This is one of those things that I feel a little reluctant to share on my blog, but I also feel that I would be lying if I just wrote about how great life is at this point.

In case you are wondering, this is definitely a plea for advice and encouragement! I would appreciate your prayers as well. I know that a lot of this has to do with my desire for life to always remain the same--I am not very good with change. I do know that God is faithful and able to take me through this valley, I just wish it was a less strenuous valley!