Monday, June 19, 2006

Homeschool conference


"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead."
Philippians 3:12-13
This past weekend my husband and I attended our state's homeschool conference and we had a great time! God renewed our vision for homeschooling and He refreshed us for the task of parenting our kids. I am honestly a bit overwhelmed with all the information we took in, and it is definitely going to take me a few days to sort through all of it, but I am grateful that God was so gracious to me and that He met me in the "dry place" that I have been in lately.

For the past few months I have felt stuck in neutral in my walk with God. I have been starting each day with the "list of do's" in my life rather than starting my day in the place where God wants me to: resting at His feet.

This is one of those times where my head is so full of wonderful things that I am anxious not to lose one single drop of the things He placed on my heart. But I am also aware that I need to rest in God and let Him do a work through me.

God is so good and so faithful to bring beauty from the ashes we make of our lives--even when we create those ashes from our own sin, striving and frustrated efforts. All He asks is that we turn to Him with our whole hearts!

I hope to write some more about this later in the week, but right now everything is still swimming around in my head!

Have a great Monday!