Wednesday, June 21, 2006

If at first you don't succeed...

Try, try again!

In early spring I told my son that if he weeded and turned over the dirt around our maple tree, he could pick out the flowers for that spot and maintain it all on his own. He has been surpisingly diligent in weeding and watering his small garden plot, and he likes to keep everyone posted on the progress of his plants.

Well, the deer in our neighborhood have not cooperated with his efforts as they have trampled, eaten and pulled out many of the flowers he planted. So yesterday I took him to the greenhouse so he can start all over again with new flowers. Hopefully this time, armed with our bottle of Deer Ro-pel, he will be more successful!
__________________________________________
Right after writing this post I looked outside the kitchen window to find that the deer have chomped off each and every one of my roses (approximately 100 of them!) and Aubry's petunias! I guess we will be following Micah's example of "if at first you don't succeed...!"