Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday boo-boos and a song!

Lately Aubry had been struggling with junior-hypochondria. Any cough, cut or watery eye has her panicked about her body gone wrong. Craig and I have been spending lots of time trying to talk her out of this and leading her towards more balanced patterns of thought. I get the impression that our words are falling on deaf ears after yesterday when Aubry said, "My finger hurts".

I took a quick look at it and couldn't see any redness or swelling, so I said, "I can't see anything wrong with it, Honey, I think it is just fine".

Aubry screwed up her face and said, with all honesty, "But Mommy, it hurts bad when I pull it, hit it or stretch it!"

Now I ask you, how on earth do I deal with that kind of logic???
________________________________________
Just for fun (it is Friday, you know!) I am including a little song for you. Hopefully it puts a smile on your face and maybe you will even get up and dance, but not before you roll up the cuffs on your pants and tossle your hair a little bit! Take a listen:

Have a happy Friday!