Friday, September 01, 2006

September Beauty

This morning I went for my walk and took my camera along with me. It is such a nice time of the year right now with the weather getting a little cooler and the nights getting longer. I can feel autumn trying to break through but summer isn't ready to leave yet--thank goodness! These are a few of the pictures I took:



On the first day of every month I am going to post pictures that I take within a block of our house. I have found that if you really look you can find beauty anywhere--you just have to pay attention to your surroundings. In the busyness of everyday I can become blind the wonderful things God has surrounded me with and I hope that my once-a-month post will help me to focus in a little more. Feel free to join in with your own pictures too!

Today we are going apple-picking with friends. I have promised my daughter that I am only buying enough to eat and we won't be canning them. After all of the canning we have done recently she has had her fill of peeling, seeding and squishing through a sieve! Honestly, I have too!

Have a wonderful Friday!