Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday Happenings

With snow in the forecast for this weekend (promises, promises), we plan to be making hot chocolate and playing board games. Also on the calendar is a birthday party and a fabric store sale and, possibly, a visit to the pumpkin patch (dependent on weather, of course!). Soon the leaves will all be gone and we will be in the thick of cold days and nights, but for now I plan to enjoy the slow crawl into winter.

Deb had a great quote on her blog this morning and I wrote it down to think about this weekend:

Listen with my ears.
Listen with my eyes.
Listen with my posture.
Listen with my heart.
I want to be a good listener this weekend and for the rest of my life. The older my children grow, the more I realize the importance of listening to them and understanding them, but I also recognize daily my need to grow in this area. With God's help, all things are possible!

Have a lovely weekend!

Posted by Picasa