Thursday, April 28, 2005

Farewell to my hubby!


My husband had to go back to work today after having thirteen days off. He is a self-employed contractor and his business tends to come in "feast or famine" cycles; we are heading into a feast cycle: busy, busy, busy!

During his time off we built a pool deck, cleaned the pool, planted lilacs and raspberries, trimmed trees and picked weeds. The problems that arose, we solved. It seems the longer we are married and the more effort we put into our relationship, the more effectively we work through hard situations and the better friends we become.

So with a small sigh, I am starting my day alone (as alone as you can get with five kids!!!) and I am already looking forward to 4:oo when his big ol' work truck will turn into our driveway. I think I will have to tell him that I missed him today!
___________________________________
And this:

An article at FOXNEWS.com reports that the House passed a new bill which makes it illegal for people to try to dodge parental consent laws for abortion. The bill reflects rising support for parental rights when it comes to abortion. "The bill simply says that a parent has a right to know if their child is having surgery."

I wish I had more time to comment but I will say this: to take away a parent's right to be involved in their child's life at such a crucial time is ridiculous! In the public schools, a child under the age of 18 can not be given a Tylenol without parental consent, why on earth do kids have the right to chose to have an abortion, a surgery. While I am pro-life, I think this is an issue of parental rights, rights that are being eroded.

While I hope it never happens, if one of my daughters became pregnant as a teen, the last thing I would want for her is to be alone, responsible for making life-altering decisions. I hope this bill passes the Senate; it will be a step in the right direction for our country!