Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday food!


This has been a busy and productive week! My husband and I have made progress on the pool deck and we have had a good time working together but I am looking forward to getting back to normal. Since I have spent so much time outside, the house needs some cleaning, groceries need to be purchased and kids need my attention! I am also looking forward to having some reading, writing and blogging time next week. It is funny how I always seem to crave the everyday details of my life when I have a break from them, even if it is an enjoyable break!

Since blogging time is scarce, I thought I would post one of my favorite recipes. A friend of mine made this recipe up after tasting something like it in a restaurant and it has become one of our favorites! You can make this with or without the chicken-just throw in some extra tortellini if you leave it out.


CHICKEN TORTELLINI CON PESTO


30 ounces frozen cheese tortellini ( I use about 2/3 of a 42 ounce package)
1 cup olive oil
3TB. pine nuts
2 tsp. basil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed

Cook tortellini as directed on package. In a blender, combine olive oil, pine nuts, basil, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Process until smooth. In a 13X9 baking pan, combine the tortellini, oil mixture and chicken. Top with tomatoes. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Serve warm with french bread and a salad- you will love it! This serves our family of seven with some leftovers.

Enjoy your weekend!