Sunday, June 26, 2005

I've been tagged!

Carla tagged me to answer some questions about books. Here are my answers:

What is the amount of the most books you have ever owned?
Honestly, I have no idea, my random guess is 500 and at least half of those are homeschool books. The majority of fiction books I read come from the library, where we are regular customers.

What is the last book you purchased?
The Decorated Page by Gwen Diehn

What is the last book you read?
The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan

What are the five books that mean the most to you?
1.The Bible-An everyday read for me. It draws me closer to God and transforms my life.
2.Love Life by Dr Ed Wheat-My favorite marriage book, biblically sound and easy to understand and implement(well, not too easy!). Reading this book recently brought Craig and I through a rough patch, we try to read this together once a year.
3.The Little House on the Prairie books-I love the stories, the family and I always wanted to be more like Laura, even though I was more of a Mary.
4.The Well-Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer-I started on the road of self-education a few years ago and this book has been a practical roadmap for that journey.
5.1984 by George Orwell-I read this a year ago for the first time-somehow I managed to bypass it in high school. It is an amazing story with frightening comparisons to our government today. Mr Orwell has an amazing ability to put a character's personality and habits on the page by describing their physical traits.

What is the current book you are reading together as a family?
First Light by Brock and Bodie Thoene

Thanks, Carla!

If anyone wants to participate in this game of tag, just let me know, as I would like to check out your answers!