Friday, July 01, 2005

National Ice Cream Month


Did you know that in 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month? He encouraged people to observe this month with "appropriate ceremonies and activities". Well, I think we can do that!

My first job, twenty years ago, was at Baskin Robbins 31 Flavors. It was a short lived position for me because I felt that I had more important things to do on Friday nights than scoop ice cream (the words flaky and irresponsible come to mind!). Since then, as a sort of apology, I have tried to frequent their store as much as I possibly can just to let them know that I feel really bad for leaving them in the lurch so long ago. My absolute favorite flavor of ice cream is "Pralines and Cream" and you can't go wrong with a Chocolate Chip Shake. Yummm!

Now, if you want to really get serious about this celebration, I suggest you purchase this dress, made completely out of 31 Flavors taste-test-spoons, one thousand of them to be more specific!

For all of you crafty ladies that are thinking, "You know, I can make that," I think you ought to reconsider, because after using one thousand of these little spoons yourself, you are not likely to be able to squeeze into the dress, so you might just want to buy it!

So, in honor of this month, what are your favorite flavors?

Have a great weekend!