Monday, July 11, 2005

A new pile of books!


Book shopping is a favorite hobby of mine and the fact that I did it twice this weekend, bringing home a total of three books, puts a smile on my face. A few weeks ago, my hubby gave me a Barnes and Noble gift certificate, just because he is a sweetie, so the books were free which, for me, heightens the fun of it all! These are the books that have made their way to my nightstand:

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis-Mr. Lewis has been on my mental "to read" list for a year now but I haven't been able to get around to him until now. I am interested in his philosophies regarding God and man and I expect to find a lot of ideas to digest while I read.

Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott-A number of people have recommended this book about writing and life, so when I spied it on the bookstore shelves, I grabbed it. Reading books about writing always inspires me to keep trying

1776 by David McCullough-My hubby is a fan of Mr. McCullough's biographies so we decided to read his newest book for our "Marital Bliss Book Club." We both love American History and I am looking forward to our nighttime talks about what we are learning.

As usual, I am wondering if it would be easier to read one book at a time, although that seems so limited. I always feel so accomplished when I come to the end of my pile of books!

What are you reading?