Friday, July 08, 2005


"Yes, in the poor man's garden grows,
Far more than herbs and flowers;
Kind thoughts, contentment, peace of mind,
And joy for weary hours."

-Mary Howitt
________________________________________
Lungs burning, heart pounding in my throat, sweat dripping from my brow, stomach lurching.....

Is this a picture of a runner making their way across the finish line of their first marathon? No, it's me on the second day of the Couch-to-5K Running Plan. The first day was easier. I managed to cover the same distance, but I ended up walking more of it than I was supposed to. Sunday is day #3 and I am hoping for a better result. I would like to think that with some diligence, I will improve in stamina and strength. My goal is a 5K/10K run on September 24; I want to run the 10K. Apparently, I am running a 3/4K at this point, but things will get better, right?

Have a great weekend!!!