Thursday, July 07, 2005

Vision and reality

"We always have visions, before a thing is made real. God gives us the vision, then He takes us down to the valley to batter us into the shape of the vision, and it is in the valley that so many of us faint and give way. Every vision will be made real if we will have patience. Think of the enormous leisure of God! He is never in a hurry. We are always in such a frantic hurry. In the light of the glory of the vision we go forth to do things, but the vision is not real in us yet....."
-Oswald Chambers

God has given my husband and I a "vision" of what he desires for our family. It entails many things that do not come naturally to us, like relating to each other and our kids. I(we) find ourselves consistently failing, but the words above remind me that God is taking us through process in which He desires to change us from within and this takes time and effort on GOD"S PART, not my own. I am also reminded that I am on God's time schedule, not my own; which is good because I am much more impatient than my God is!!!