Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Overeating, traditions and friends from all over!


Yesterday, for the Fourth of July, we did what most Americans do, we had a barbecue. Chicken, hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans and homemade chocolate cupcakes were our contribution to the menu and other families brought gobs of yummy stuff. It occurs to me that almost all American holidays revolve around overeating: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, even Mother's Day usually includes taking Mom out to lunch. Now don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, just observing!

I love traditions and the yearly observance of holidays. The Fourth of July is a day to reflect on this great country that we have the priviledge of residing in. While I do complain about the government and the ills of our society, I would choose to live nowhere else in the world. We are a people free to live our lives in the manner we choose, free to say what we think and free to worship as we please. I LOVE THE U.S.A.!

One benefit of blogging has been the opportunity to fellowship with ladies from other countries, to get to know their views and have a peek into their lives, and do you know what I have found? We are, in general, all the same. Bound together by something other than country, bound together by our God, the most unifying bond of all!

Aubry and Rachel

Bonnie, Danika and Mikayla