Thursday, August 25, 2005

Mary Jane's Farm


My hubby and I were in Barnes and Noble the other day when I came across this lovely book. I asked him if he was in the mood to buy me a $35.00 book and he said, "Of course, honey", with a sweet smile on his face. The book is called Mary Jane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook: For the Farmgirl in All of Us.

The book is written by Mary Jane Butters (isn't that the cutest name for a farmgirl?) and it is full of recipes, craft ideas and life advice, all from the point of view of a simple-livin' farmgirl. Ms. Butters publishes a magazine and runs her own organic farm and her desire is to encourage others in their endeavor to get back to basics. The pictures are beautiful and the book includes instruction on preserving foods, embroidery, creating community with people and many other worthwhile pursuits. This will be my "fun book" for a while!