Saturday, September 17, 2005

5 years and 5 things ago...

I have been tagged by Carrie for this meme:

5 years and 5 things ago...

First the rules:

Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog's name in the #5 spot; link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.

1. Blue Stocking: http://bluestocking.typepad.com
2. Simply Coll: http://colleenscorner.com/blog
3. My Bountiful Life: http://billi-jean.com/thebounty.html
4. Mommy Brain: http://nnjmom.blogspot.com/
5. I Have to Say:http://cheekymama2005.blogspot.com/

Next: select four new friends to add to the pollen count. I can't remember who's already done this, so ignore it if you did. And, as always, if you're too busy or you just don't want to, feel free to abstain. I tag the following friends:

Sarah
Pam
Tanya
Mama

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was 28 years old with 3 kids, one on the way, contemplating our uncoming homebirth-our first! We lived in Kennewick, WA and our house was right next door to our church.

What were you doing 5 years ago?
I was 33 years old and we had just made the decision to put the cap on our family of 6 when, low and behold, God surprised us with #5! After a couple of weeks, when I was able to start breathing again, we became very excited at the thought of welcoming a new little one to our lives,

What were you doing one year ago?
One year ago we were contemplating moving to another state. We surfed the internet until we found the lovliest place on earth and made an attempt to move to Wisconsin. After a couple of months we realized that we probably couldn't handle the winters and decided to stay in Colorado, where it snows but only for 3 months out of the year!

What were you doing yesterday?
Homeschooling, Co-oping, shopping at Walmart, reading and quilting

5 snacks you enjoy
1. Doritos
2. Dreyers Sorbet-raspberry or mandarin orange flavor
3. Mike and Ike's
4. Snickerdoodles
5. Chocolate-covered caramels from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory

5 songs you know all the words to
1. Bright Lights (Matchbox 20)
2. What If (Creed)
3. Peace (Third Day
)
4. Love Cats (The Cure)
5. You are the Wind Beneath my Wings (Bette Midler)
(this strikes me as a weird list!!!)

5 things you would do if you had a million dollars
1. Buy some land and move to the country. (Here in Colorado, it costs a million to do this!)
2. Build my sister a house next door.
3. Send all my kids to college-if they want to go.
4. Build a new house for a family that lost everything in the hurricane.
5. Travel the world with my hubby.
(Boy, a million dollars doesn't last very long!!!)

5 things you like doing
1. Being with my hubby and kids
2. Reading and learning
3. Quilting, knitting, being crafty
4. Going on vacation
5. And, of course, blogging

5 bad habits
1. procrastination
2. worrying
3. snacking too much
4. "what if-ing" everything in life
5. And, of course, blogging

5 things I would never wear again
1. Bikini
2. Leggings
3. Bicycle shorts
4. Floral-print pants
5. Gauchos

5 favorite toys
1. Computer
2. Camera
3. My car
4. My library card (I stole that answer from Carrie!)
5. Sewing machine