Tuesday, October 04, 2005

New product alert:

Attention all manly-men:

NEW PRODUCT ALERT:

Nexcare has a great new product designed to take the place of, what I like to call, "the contractor bandage": a big wad of paper towel placed over a huge bleeding cut, held in place by a couple of layers of masking tape or twine. These new duct-tape bandages will take the place of those bulky, old-fashioned bandages, while still leaving today's working-man looking cool and non-chalant because he is wearing duct-tape and not some girly, flesh-colored band-aid. The man who sports these babies at the job-site will still retain the ability to pound nails, cut wood or grout tile, all while keeping the germs out of the boo-boo on his hand. Who could ask for more?

---Don't worry, Honey, I will buy you a package of these the next time I go to Walmart!
______________________________________________
And this:

My daughter, AKA The Polka Dotted Pickle, has tagged me to list my 5 favorite songs. (If anyone wants to play along, let me know!) Here are mine in no particular order:

1. Peace-by Third Day
2. What If-by Creed (although almost anything by Creed will do!!!)
3. Hungry-a worship song
4. Bright Lights-by Matchbox 20
5. Hold Me Now-by Jennifer Knapp-This one is probably my all time favorite-here are the words:

"From glass alabaster she poured out the depths of her soul. O foot of Christ would you wait if her harlotries known? Falls a tear to darken the dirt. Of humblest offerings to forgive the hurt.

Chorus: She is strong enough to stand in Your love. I can hear her say..I am weak. I am poor, I'm broken Lord but I'm Yours. Hold me Now. Hold me Now.

Let the first without sin cast the first stone if you will. To say that my bride isn't worth half the blood that I've spilled. Point your finger and laugh if you choose to say my beloved is borrowed and used (chorus)"