Friday, December 02, 2005

A bunch 'o' stuff!!!


-We had five deer visit our yard the other day and for some reason, this guy posed for a picture (or was he staring me down?). I love living in a place where we have wildlife, but they are being a nuisance by eating the bark off of our trees and my hubby is not taking very kindly to this! My hubby is a VERY accommodating guy but you don't MESS WITH THE GUY'S TREES!!!

-We have snow in the forecast this weekend and we are planning to decorate the tree, hang lights on the house and go to our town's Annual Christmas Parade on Main Street, so I say, "Let it snow!" (Although I wouldn't mind the roof stayed dry while my hubby is on it!)

-Only one week left until the opening of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe movie! We are all looking forward to seeing it. My sister, who works for the C.S. Lewis Foundation, is previewing the movie a day early and she promised to send me a review!

-Spunky Homeschool is hosting the Homeschool Blog Awards. You have until December 11 to nominate your favorite blogs in the following categories:

Best Homeschooling Mom Blog
Best Homeschooling Dad Blog
Best Homeschooling Family blog
Best Homeschooling Teen blog
Best Informational Homeschool blog
Best Inspirational Homeschool blog
Best Homeschooling Humor blog
Best Team / Group Homeschool Blog
Best Homeschool Curriculum / Business Blog
Best Homeschool Blog Template Design
Best Canadian Homeschool Blog
Best International Homeschool Blog
Best Current Events Homeschool Blog
Best Homeschool Arts Blog
Best Homeschool Photo Blog

There are a lot of wonderful blogs out there that deserve to be nominated-I think it will be hard to choose!
______________________________
Spunky and Carrie tagged me for "Seven Sevens". I'm supposed to answer seven questions and then tag seven people. Here goes:

1. Seven things to do before I die
1. Travel (Italy, Greece, Ireland, etc., etc.)
2. Write a book
3. Buy a cabin and live in the mountains with my hubby
4. Visit New York again
5. Open a quilt/fabric store
6. Climb a 14er (That is what we Coloradoans call our mountain peaks over 14,000 feet high)
7. Read every book on my ever-growing book list

2. Seven things I cannot do
1. Imagine life without my hubby
2. Imagine life without my kiddos (well, maybe just for an afternoon! ) ;)
3. Do anything requiring lots of co-ordination (like dancing or aerobics)
4. Lift a box of tile (I know this because my hubby is a tile-contractor and he does this everyday-I however, cannot!)
5. Beat my husband in any athletic pursuit besides jump-rope.
6. Speak a foreign language fluently
7. Swim (unless you consider the "doggie-paddle" a legitimate swim-stroke)

3. Seven things that attract me to my husband.
1. His shoulders (Yowza!)
2. His kindness
3. His logical mind
4. His desire to be the best dad there is
5. His eyes-he has those cute, kinda sleepy-looking eyes
6. His love for God
7. His love and affection towards me

4. Seven things I say most often
1. I love you
2. I have to say...
3. Knock it off!
4. No more pouting (this is most often directed at Aubry!)
5. Come on guys, let's go!
6. God is good
7. I love you

5. Seven books (or series) I love
(I don't know why but I always have a hard time with book lists!)
1. The Bible
2. 1984
3. Little House Series
4. A Wrinkle in Time
5. Great Expectations
6. White Noise
7. The Picture of Dorian Gray

6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
1. What about Bob?
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
4. Meet the Parents
5. The Pianist
6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-the original
7. Little House on the Prairie on DVD
---Weird mix of movies, if you ask me!

7. Seven people I want to join in, too
You, you, you, you, you, you and you! Let me know if you play along!
--My friend, Pam, played along! Click here to read her meme and say "Hi" to her!

And to anyone who made it to the end of this long, long post: Have a great weekend!