Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Snow is a comin'


Apparently we have a monster snow-storm headed our way. The winter storm warning is on starting this afternoon and lasting until tomorrow morning; if you have to be out driving you are advised to take a winter survival kit with you. Tomorrow the high temperature will be 7 degrees and in the evening we can look forward to a super cool -13 degrees! Brrrrrrrr!

This is unusual weather for our area. It gets cold and snowy in the winter but it is usually mild, a daytime high in the single digits is almost unheard of. After all, it is not like we live in Michigan, right? Half the time, the forecasters are wrong anyway, no one ever knows these things for sure.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow, I might be snuggling under warm blankets with my hubby and kids drinking hot chocolate in front of the fireplace, or we could be shoveling ourselves out from under 10-foot snow drifts! Either, way, I will leave you with a couple of lines from the song that is rattling around in my head:

"Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes,
Silver white winters that melt into springs,
These are a few of my favorite things!"

Well, I guess that is a good thing, because we might get a ton of it! Have a great day!