Thursday, January 12, 2006

By Jove, I think she's got it!


On the needles, that is! A while ago, I set aside my double-pointed needles, presumably for good, because the stress involved with knitting a pair of socks just didn't seem worth it--especially when I can buy a package of six for under $5.00 at Walmart. All it took was a half-off sale at the craft store for me to pick them up again, that and the fact that enough time has lapsed for me to forget the heart-pounding, anger-inducing experience of last time.

So far, I have about four inches completed and they are looking just fine! I have even managed to keep the knitted side on the outside! The closer I get to the heel, the more nervous I get because I can not understand the instructions in the book, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Happy crafting!