Thursday, April 20, 2006

Lemon Squares


This is a recipe for my favorite dessert! Honestly, I don't make them often because I can't stop eating them! I always sneak them from the pan and figure that just one won't be noticed, but I always manage to sneak 6 or 7 and that is hard not to notice!

Lemon Squares


1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
3 TB. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt
2 TB. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
powdered sugar

Blend 1 cup flour, butter and 1/4 cup of the sugar until smooth. Press into a greased 11X7 baking pan. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes. Combine remaining sugar, eggs, rind, lemon juice, salt, 2 TB. flour and soda. Spread mixture over hot shortbread crust. Bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool in pan and then sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares.

These are absolutely heavenly! Enjoy!