Monday, October 23, 2006

A Visit to the Pumpkin Patch

We went on a pumpkin hunt this weekend and came away with some beauties! Even though I am not a fan of Halloween, I do enjoy the fall-ish traditions that go with it. All of kids except for Aubry were able to carve their own pumpkin this year and this included pulling out all the slimy gunk inside; I can't say that I missed that part! Our happy pumpkins are on the front porch and I will be roasting seeds today. According to Martha Stewart, the way to roast pumpkin seeds is as follows:

Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spread out 2 cups of washed pumpkin seeds and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and coarse salt to taste. If you want, you can also add 2 tablespoons of dried ground rosemary. Bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°.
Enjoy!

***Edited: My pumpkin seeds are taking longer to cook than 12 minutes! If you try these, simply add time to the recipe until they are crunchy--just be sure to check the seeds every 10 minutes or so or they will burn.


Posted by Picasa