Thursday, January 05, 2006

Till We Have Faces


Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis is essentially the story of two sisters, Oural and Psyche, and their travels through life and their meeting with God. The book is divided into two books. The first deals with the sister's lives from a worldly viewpoint: they look at the circumstances of life and make assumptions and decisions based on these. The second book deals with God's view of their lives and the hidden journey they are making towards Him.

The book left me pondering many things in my life including the parts of my life that I don't understand, hindrances in finding God, and my level of openness towards Him. I am reminded that God knows the real me but I often choose to veil myself before Him, fooling myself into thinking that I can hide from His presence.

The book is an enjoyable read that left me with many things to ponder. I highly recommend it!

"I know now, Lord, why You utter no answer. You are Yourself the answer. Before Your face questions die away. What other answer would suffice? Only words, words..."