Tuesday, February 21, 2006

This post has been updated to correct the links!

I have just discovered that I am a finalist in the Share the Love Blog Awards hosted by One Woman's World! The category is "Learn Something New Every Day". First of all, I want to say a big "thank you" to anyone who voted for me. This sort of thing puts a smile on my face. If you would care to cast to your vote for me again, click here. Admittedly, I would love it if you did. Voting is open through next Monday.

Secondly, for anyone who is wondering, I am what you might call a Jesus-followin', Bible-readin', Truth-lovin' Christian, I have been for 17 years. My God is truly the centerpiece of my life and my hope is that you notice this when you visit my "little house on the web". But having said that, I would like to say that I am glad to be a finalist among such a diverse group of wonderful ladies. Some of you I have gotten to know through blogging and, yes, I am aware that our spiritual beliefs are in conflict. With any of you I would consider it a privilege to meet for a cup of tea and a muffin, and when the subject of faith came up I think we could share our beliefs, tackle the differences and walk away as friends. For me, this is all a part of being a follower of Christ and sharing the love He has so graciously poured into my life.

Again, ladies, thank you for thinking of me. You bless me daily!