Friday, March 10, 2006

What is your song?


I am not what you would call a singer. Yes, I love music and I love to sing but there are very few people who would actually enjoy listening to me, possibly for good reason. Sometimes I think that when I get to heaven, God has a great voice waiting for me, something along the lines of Jennifer Knapp's. Of course, I will need a guitar playing gift to go along with it but I think that God can handle that. Until then I will resort to bothering my children and singing really loud in my car with the windows rolled up tight.

There are some songs that I like to call "hairbrush in the mirror" songs. These are the songs that compel you to grab a hairbrush and sing in front of the bathroom mirror with lots of gusto. Come on, I know you have done it too! Yesterday I happened to hear two of my favorites hairbrush songs and before I let you know what they are, I will tell you that while they are "angry woman" songs I am not myself an angry woman, I just think these are awesome songs with a great beat and catchy lyrics. Here they are:

Hit Me With Your Best Shot--Pat Benatar

I Will Survive--Gloria Gaynor

Seriously, I don't think that these two can be topped! So, since you probably have one or both of these songs pounding loudly in your head now, think of your own favorite and tell me what it is! And please, be honest, we all listen to silly music now and then!

Have a great Friday!