Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My Quiet Time...

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of
mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out
not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of
others.
--Philippians 2:3-4
God's desire is that I place the needs of others above my own. On one hand, I think that I do this, but on the other hand I realize that I don't always reach the limit of doing this--especially if I consider the word "NEED". I don't think that this word necessarily means giving drinks of water, helping to find shoes or driving kids to soccer practices--these are not needs. My children need my heart and my time. They need to feel loved, they need direction, they need me to know their heart and they need me to lead them to Christ. My hubby has needs too, of course, but in my selfishness I don't always met those needs as I should--again, because this requires my heart and my time, two things that I can get very selfish with. He needs my respect, my encouragement, my love, my honesty, my closeness and my companionship.

It is easy to give of myself in MY way, but I feel God is calling me to go deeper. He wants me to give of myself in HIS way. Posted by Picasa