Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Quiet Time

The phrase "actions speak louder than words" has been wandering through my brain for a few days. I have been wondering what would happen if I quit telling my kids that they were my number-one priority. Would they still know simply by my actions?

So often I get "caught up". Caught up in things-to-do, caught up in hobbies, caught up in emotions, and I easily slide my priorities to the wayside expecting to deal with them later. In general, later brings other must-do things and my intentions never become actions. Too many times, my kids are left to fend for themselves.

My desire is to be "intentional" in my mothering. I want to know the hearts of my children and seek to understand them. I want to guide them specifically and individually in the direction God would have them go. I want my home to be a safe haven for them to grow and mature into adults.

All of this requires intentional living. Intentional means "done deliberately". None of my goals will come about through wishing or hoping. Only through deliberate and purposeful action will I find my goals fulfilled.