Monday, November 06, 2006

November Beauty

My daughter and I grabbed our cameras and headed out to find that lovely things were all around. Trees are still blushing with bright leaves, and downtown turned out to be a good place to look--especially for bright color. Admittedly, it is a little easier to take nature pictures, but I included a couple of the city pictures that I took simply because the colors are pleasing.


If you are posting pictures on your blog, please leave a comment so I can drop by and see!

***The last picture was taken by my daughter, Emily, while I was driving.

Rebecca has declared November "Giving Thanks" month. Each day during this month I will be adding a little snippet of thanks to my posts because I have once again fallen off the"thankfulness wagon"and I am dying to get back on! For me, a thankful attitude in my heart needs to be cultivated because it does not come naturally. This leads me to what I am thankful for today:

I am thankful for my God who does not leave me alone! He lovingly guides me and reminds me that His ways are better than my own. When I fall back into my old ways of thinking, He gently shows me my error and helps me to do things differently--for my own good and the good of those around me! It can be easy to feel frustrated when God reproves me but I am reminded that His reproof proves His love towards me. So, yes, I am thankful for God's loving reproof because He loves me enough to never leave me alone!

"Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."
Hebrews 12:10-11