Monday, January 15, 2007

Wax On, Wax Off

All that "waxing on and waxing off" has reaped its reward! Craig and I and the boys have earned our yellow belts in karate. Our testing weekend was exciting and fun and actually receiving the belt felt more worthwhile than I expected it to.
















As you can see, my hubby is going for a combination Jet Li/Grizzly Adams look which I find endearing.

Over the last few months I have been told the my kia needs work. (A kia is the hi-yaa sound made at certain points in the katas). Yelling at Craig and the kids more often must have paid off because I was complimented on my kia twice during the testing sessions. I am truly on my way to becoming a lean, mean fighting machine. Or maybe not.

Here is a picture of me in true karate form:

You probably never expected me to look so threatening, did you?

Hi-yaa! And have a wonderful Monday!